Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Give thanks in all circumstances....

I Thessalonians 5:18 says,"give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." I have to say I have completely failed at this the last couple of weeks since Tim lost his job. The first week seemed easy to stay optimistic and faithful. Then, the next week I started to wavier in my faith a little and doubt God. Now that is has been 21 days since we've had a job, I am angry, bitter, and scared. I keep getting renewed faith from friends, families, and scriptures I run across. But they seem to be short lived. I look at the check book and start getting scared. Our savings account is nearly gone. We have so many bills left and no money to look forward to or even a payday in sight. We have had several interviews and even more follow-ups. The hiring process is so slow. I can't hardly make it through a whole day without worrying. I know that the Bible says, "Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done." Phil. 4:6 I lay it all down before His feet and find myself picking it all up again and again. Everyone keeps saying, "It's going to be ok!" And, I know it will, but when you're in the doubt cloud, it's hard to see the other side. I lack patience as well lately. I can't seem to wait on God's timing and wonder if He's even listening. I know He is and won't give us more than we can handle, but geeez, I wish we didn't trust us sooo much!! I know God is using this experience to strengthen our faith and relationships with Him and each other....sometimes the devil gets the better of me. I will continue to cling to the verses, "The faithful love of the LORD never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning." I look forward to writing another blog and telling you how God used this situation to make us more faithful to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment