Friday, March 19, 2010

Selfishness


“Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.” (Phil. 2:3-4)

I read this verse today in my weekly marriage builder email by Jimmy Evans. I was so touched by this verse. I really have not been the easiest person to live with since becoming pregnant. Between the nausea, tiredness, and scare of losing the baby. I've blamed my crazy behavior on the pregnancy and my raging hormones. When you're pregnant you typically get this attitude of "I am sooo important because I am carrying this new life" and occasionally go overboard. I know I should be giving it to God and praying this verse. I have the most amazing, caring, loving and forgiving husband and I am grateful God gave him all to me. I want to be more bearable the rest of this pregnancy. I still have 30 weeks to go and I know I need to try harder to be the wife Tim deserves and the mom my kids need. I pray you will read this verse and really think about what it means. I challenge you to try and apply it in your life this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment