Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!




I love Christmas! I love everything about it. I love that it's Jesus' birthday and because He was born we have a Saviour. I love baking cookies while singing Christmas carols and putting up the tree as a family. I love wrapping presents and the busyness of the holidays. I love the candle light service and the closeness of family. My kids can hardly wait til Christmas morning. They on the other hand, like it only for the presents. And, that is ok for now, as long as they still recognize the reason we truly celebrate Christmas. We will just continue to work on the true meaning and we will teach them to give to others and share what we have. The kids went through their things and packed 2 bags full of toys to donate to other children. We have done this the last few birthdays and Christmases. This is just a small way of showing them how richly blessed we are and that we can share those blessings with others. We are going to drop these things off at the Salvation Army this week so they can pass on the blessings to some other child in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment